Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully. Your use of the Edwards' China web site ("edwardschina.co.uk") and purchase of the products (or services) ("Products") on it means that you agree to these terms and conditions ("Terms").
Shopping with edwardschina.co.uk
You can Order Products in the following ways:
- online via this website;
- by telephoning +44 (0) 1782 260345
by posting a completed copy of the Edwards’ China Order form to
Unit 8, Dewsbury Road,
When you place an Order for a Product in any of the ways described above ("Order") you are offering to buy it for the price stated, subject to these Terms.
When you place your Order online we will send you an email to confirm that we have received it. This email confirmation will be produced automatically so that you have confirmation of your Order details. The fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your Order. Once we have sent the confirmation email we will then check availability and contact you with a further email. If the Product is available and the details of the Order are correct, this email will be deemed an acceptance and will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the Products purchased. If the Product is not available we will also let you know by email.
Edwards’ China may cancel any sale and not supply Products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of Products at any time at its sole discretion. If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
All new Orders are deemed separate and each is treated individually.
The price for each Product is shown on edwardschina.co.uk and includes V.A.T. at the current rate of "0%. This will be removed at the check-out for all orders shipped outside the EU.
We always try to make sure that the prices on edwardschina.co.uk are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in pricing of the Products in your Order we will inform you as soon as possible using the contact details you supply us with. We will then give you the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. (If we are unable to reach you we will treat the Order as cancelled). If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full.
You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details, based on the delivery address you specify.
Prices are quoted on edwardschina.co.uk in UK pounds - outside the UK your credit card company should exchange the amount charged to the currency of your country at the current rate but you may use the Edwards China "currency converter" to estimate the price in US Dollars. Please note that the "currency converter" is only a guide and may not accurately reflect current exchange rates. Please note that both charges and refunds are in UK pounds and J. & A. Edwards Ltd cannot be held responsible for any loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Non-EU customers are responsible for Import Duty/Tax in their respective countries. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these costs will be - please consult your local customs office for more information.
You must pay for your Order before it is delivered and you can do so by credit card, debit card, gift voucher, cheque or postal Order.
If your delivery address is outside the UK and you Order online you must pay by credit card.
a. Credit Card
- Orders may be processed online, or by telephone, using a credit or debit card (currently VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, Delta and Switch/Solo). ;
- If you choose to make payment via PayPal, your account will be debited at the time of order.
- If you order an item on backorder or is out of stock, we reserve the right to take payment for the item within 28 days in order to guarantee any discounts applied to the order or to retain the original purchase price on the order.
- In all other instances we aim to debit money from your account only when we ship your Order.
- If your delivery address is outside the UK and you order online you must pay by credit card.
- To ensure that shopping online is secure, your credit/debit card details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet.
- Your credit card company may also do security checks to confirm it is you making the Order.
b. Cheque or Postal Order
- In the UK, you may pay by cheque or postal Order if you wish.
- Please make cheques payable to Edwards’ China and remember to include postage. Please also send us a covering letter detailing your Order, cheque guarantee card number, guaranteed amount, expiry date, contact details and delivery address.
- Bank Transfer (in £Sterling)
c. Edwards China Gift Vouchers
- If the value of the Order exceeds the value of the Edwards China gift voucher, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
- Unused balances will be held within the recipients voucher for the same period.
- Vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p.
- If you have received a promotional gift voucher from edwardschina.co.uk, only one such Gift Voucher may be redeemed per purchase.
We try to keep edwardschina.co.uk as up to date as possible but cannot guarantee that particular Product will always be available. If we can't supply a Product you will not be charged for it and we will refund or re-credit your account with any amount debited by us.
All offers are available while stocks last. If we are unable to supply a Product you have Ordered, we will notify you as soon as we can after receiving your Order.
Edwards’ China delivers to destinations inside and outside the UK.
You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details.
If your Order is made online but you do not pay by credit card or Edwards’ China gift voucher, or if you Order in any other way, please contact us for details of the delivery charges prior to Ordering.
Delivery outside the EU may be subject to local import taxes, which are your responsibility where they apply. If so, the shipping company should advise you the charges due or else you should consult your local customs office. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these charges will be and Edwards’ China are not responsible for them.
Orders are despatched either by Royal Mail (1st Class) or by courier. Our couriers require a signature and operate between 9am and 5pm on weekdays, so please specify an address where someone will be able to sign for your Order between these hours.
We will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on edwardschina.co.uk but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
If the Products are not delivered within the estimated delivery time which we quote, please contact us by telephone or email and we will try and ensure that you receive your Order, as quickly as possible, or if you wish you may cancel your Order. Please note that while items sent by Royal Mail usually arrive within 1-3 days, Royal Mail stipulate that only items still not delivered after 15 working days can be officially classified as lost.
Please Order from Edwards’ China with enough time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from the delivery time as Edwards’ China cannot be responsible for this.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Copyright and Trade Marks
Edwards’ China does not give you any right or interest in any copyright or intellectual property rights in any Product nor the right to copy them.
The copyright in edwardschina.co.uk and the content of all the software, web site and pages relating to the edwardschina.co.uk web site is owned by, or licensed to Edwards’ China, unless otherwise specified and may not be used, copied or altered without our express consent.
Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of edwardschina.co.uk, all photographs on it and its marketing materials.
You may use edwardschina.co.uk for private and personal non-commercial use only - i.e. to view, copy and print portions of edwardschina.co.uk for the sole purpose of placing Orders. The materials on edwardschina.co.uk may not be used for any other purpose.
Edwards’ China and edwardschina.co.uk and our logos are trade names or trade marks of J. & A. Edwards Ltd. and may not be used by anyone else without our express permission. However, Edwards’ China does not make any warranty or representation in respect of any other trade mark and the trade marks of the brands featured on edwardschina.co.uk belong to their respective owners.
Privacy and Data Policy
Please see below for our Privacy and Data Policy.
We believe that you will be delighted with your product but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible and these terms do not affect your statutory rights.
We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
a. Unwanted Products
- Our policy is to ensure that you are satisfied every time you place an Order with edwardschina.co.uk. If you are unhappy with an item when you receive it or if you simply change your mind please return it to us within 30 days, with the despatch note, having taken reasonable care of it and in an unused state complete with packaging and all components, and we will refund you the price you paid for that product (excluding P&P).
- We will make the refund directly to the credit/charge card used to place the original order within 30 days or earlier once we have inspected the returned item and are satisfied that it has been returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
- You will only have to pay for the return postage of the Products.
- Certain products and services are excluded from this returns policy, including food/perishable items, personalised products or those made to order. These items cannot be returned for a refund unless faulty. Products excluded such as these are clearly marked on the product information page.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
b. Faulty Products
- We try to select and package the Products as well as possible to ensure they arrive in good condition. However, if a Product arrives damaged or with defects, or is not what you Ordered, we will replace it free of charge or provide a full refund as appropriate, if you notify us within 3 days of receipt and return the Product to us at the postal address below within 30 days of receipt.
- In these circumstances we will also pay you the cost of the return postage. Please obtain a proof of posting certificate from your Post Office to enable us to process the refund for your return postage costs.
- For help with items later than 30 days after your initial purchase please email us (on firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
c. Returning Unwanted or Faulty Products
- Please contact us by telephone (on +44 (0)1782 260345) or email (at email@example.com ) to inform us of your wish to return Products.
- We may allocate you with a Returns Code which should be included with the package to improve processing of your return.
We may also advise you how to send the item back to us. Occasionally items may have to be picked up by a courier service. Otherwise, please use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt (such as via Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery) and return to:
Edwards’ China Customer Returns
8, Dewsbury Road,
Fenton Industrial Estate,
- You will be responsible for the returned Products until they reach us.
d. Unwanted Products - European Distance Selling Regulations (DSRs)
- By law, consumers in the European Union have the right to cancel a contract for the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after receipt of the order.
If you wish to cancel your order under the DSRs we ask you to please notify our Customer Service team quoting your name and order number:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
- by telephone on 01782 260345; or
- by post to our address: -
- Edwards’ China,
8, Dewsbury Road,
Fenton Industrial Estate,
We will then arrange for you to be refunded accordingly.
Where you are cancelling your order within this cooling-off period we will refund the cost of the item and the cost of sending the item to you as follows:
- where you are returning an item that was part of a larger order, we will refund any specific delivery charges that you incurred for that item over and above our Standard Delivery rate.
- where you are returning your entire order, we will refund the Standard Delivery charge incurred.
- where we collect an item from you, we reserve the right to recover the costs of collection from you.
- We will not refund the cost of gift-wrapping, your costs in returning the item to us and other services provided to you in connection with your purchase (e.g. Express Delivery) UNLESS you are returning the item to us because of an error on our part (or because it is defective) under our 30-day Money-back Policy above.
e. Unwanted Products - Custom-made and other Exempt Products
- Due to the bespoke nature of Custom-made and other Exempt products we are unable to offer our usual 30 Day Money Back Policy on these items, and due to their nature they are not subject to the right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations. These products will be clearly identified as such on their respective product pages.
- In addition, certain other products are also exempt from our 30-day Money Back Policy above; these products will be clearly marked on their respective product pages. In the case of these items, the returns period is limited to seven working days following the day of receipt as per the right to cancel under the DSRs above and you shall be responsible for the cost of return.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
Edwards’ China Responsibilities
Edwards’ China has tried to make the descriptions (including all pictures) of the Products as accurate as possible but you should check the dimensions stated on edwardschina.co.uk or contact us for exact sizes.
Edwards’ China shall insure Ordered Products at their retail value whilst being delivered to you. Please check the delivered Products as soon as possible on receipt as we will not cover any subsequent loss or destruction.
Edwards’ China will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person's services.
Because of the nature of the Internet Edwards’ China provides and maintains edwardschina.co.uk on an "as is", "as available" basis and makes no promise that use of edwardschina.co.uk will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
Our website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use edwardschina.co.uk in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse Edwards’ China for any loss or damage caused as a result.
These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit Edwards’ China’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
Edwards’ China will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer which are available to you.
Subject as aforesaid, Edwards’ China excludes liability for any indirect and/or consequential loss, howsoever arising and whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to Edwards’ China
Edwards’ China also, subject as aforesaid, excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind direct and/or indirect and howsoever arising in relation to: [any incorrect], [any interruption], [the infringement], [any loss or damage], any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from a breach of this Agreement or the negligence of Edwards’ China, [any amount], [the availability], all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms other than those expressly set out herein or those implied by law.
Nothing in this Agreement shall limit either party's liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of such party.
Edwards’ China may change or withdraw any material part of edwardschina.co.uk, or may refuse you access to the web site at any time if we consider it necessary.
Edwards’ China may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of edwardschina.co.uk upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
Termination shall be without prejudice to Edwards’ China’s other rights.
Edwards’ China acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you.
If Edwards’ China does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at Edwards’ China’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties' intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and Edwards’ China and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract proposed.
Since we are principally aiming edwardschina.co.uk at the UK and EU market, we cannot guarantee that it accords with local laws of any other countries (though we will try to make sure it does).
Under the UK Criminal Justice Act 1988 it is an offence to sell knives and certain bladed or pointed articles to persons less than 16 years of age. When purchasing these products (or other age-restricted products, such as Alcohol) we will ask you to confirm that you are of the age legally required. Where payment is made by you using methods other than Visa/MasterCard or American Express there may be a delay to your order while we verify your age and you may be required to send us proof of age (such as a Driver's License number, or inclusion on the Electoral Roll).
Use of Edwards’ China and these terms are subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If you would like help when ordering, information about a Product, a request for a Product or if you would just like to provide us with feedback on our service, please email us at email@example.com .
You can also contact us:
- By post at
Edwards’ China,8, Dewsbury Road,
Fenton Industrial Estate,
- By telephoning 01782 260345 between the office hours of 9am and 5:30pm GMT.
J. & A. Edwards Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales no: 777208
Registered office: c/o Barringtons, 570/572 Etruria Road, Basford, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs.
VAT no: GB 278 3776 05
Who We Are
Any personal information provided to or gathered by edwardschina.co.uk is controlled by J. & A. Edwards Ltd ("Edwards’ China ", "We", "Us), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 777208), with a registered office at Barringtons, 570-572, Etruria Road, Basford, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs.
What Information we Collect
When you place an Order or otherwise interact with the edwardschina.co.uk Website, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Us (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank / credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
Information You Provide Us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website or that you provide us in any other way (for example by email or telephone). This information may be provided when ordering from us (via our website or by telephone); searching our website; entering competitions; requesting a catalogue; accessing your account; querying order status; or by submitting text/photo/video reviews of us and our products.
Information Automatically Provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use "cookies" (see below) and obtain certain information automatically when your Web browser accesses the Edwards’ China website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; purchase history (which we may aggregate with other shoppers to form the " Edwards’ China Top 20"); clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; products you searched for. We may also use software tools provided by Nielsen//NetRatings to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks).
Email Communications: to help us make our email newsletter more useful and interesting for our customers we attempt to receive a confirmation when you open and click on email newsletters from edwardschina.co.uk (if your email software/service supports this option). If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
Telephone Calls: From time to time we monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service to you.
Information from 3rd Parties: we may receive information about you from other sources and add this to our account information. For example we update address information using data from third parties (including the Royal Mail "Change of Address" File), which we may use to correct our records and deliver your next catalogue to the correct updated address.
How We Use This Information
Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- Process and deliver your Order;
- Provide Customer Support services to you;
- Provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
- Help prevent fraud (e.g. we may check credit card details with our credit agency and reserve the right to refuse Orders on that basis. Your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- Open and run your Edwards’ China customer account;
- Administer prize draws;
- Provide a more personal shopping experience.
By making an Order and/or submitting your data to us you agree to this use.
Your safety is guaranteed because edwardschina.co.uk uses the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. We use 128-bit SSL Software to encrypt your credit/debit card information when you place an order on our secure server, which means that only we are able to decrypt the information in order to process your transaction. Please see below for more information on Security and Credit Card Safety while shopping at edwardschina.co.uk
Security & Credit Card Safety
Your safety is guaranteed because edwardschina.co.uk uses the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. We use 128-bit SSL Software to encrypt your credit/debit card information when you place an order on our secure server, which means that only we are able to decrypt the information in order to process your transaction.
After you click on the "Proceed to Checkout" button, secure pages are indicated by:
- the web address changing from "http://" to "https://"; and
- a "padlock" symbol (or key) in the bottom right-hand status bar of your web browser.
In the unlikely event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card for a purchase at edwardschina.co.uk, most banks and card issuers either cover all the charges or may limit your liability to just £50.00. If your bank or card issuer holds you liable, edwardschina.co.uk will cover your liability up to £50.00 provided that the unauthorised use of your credit or debit card resulted through no fault of your own.
Please note that while we display the approximate US$ amounts for products featured on the Edwards’ China website, when you pay with a credit card you will be charged in Pounds Sterling and your credit card will be debited in your own currency. The actual exchange rate used for the transaction (and thus the final amount in your local currency) will be determined by your credit card company. (Please also note that if you place a pre-order with us the exchange rate may vary significantly from the time you place the order to the time when we charge the transaction to your credit card.)
Postage Costs are calculated automatically and displayed on the order form when you select the destination country.
All orders delivered to international addresses are usually delivered using Airmail and our international courier partners. You can expect to receive your items within 3-14 working days after you have placed your order, depending on which country you are ordering from.
British Forces - BFPO
We accept orders to all BFPO addresses which are charged at the UK rate. There are some restrictions regarding which products can be sent but we will contact you if your order is affected by this.
Who Else May See Your Data
In order to complete your order we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners including Royal Mail, Parcelforce, Interlink and their affiliates.
Marketing Communications - Edwards’ China
When ordering from Edwards’ China, entering competitions or otherwise interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter. We promise not to bombard you with emails - to make it worth your while we only get in touch when we truly have interesting news to share.
If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
Marketing Communications - 3rd Party
Edwards’ China will not pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent - either at the time of providing the information to us, or previously if we have already received consent from you.
When you place an order with Edwards’ China we may give you the choice for other reputable companies to contact you BY POST about future offers, events and new Products or related activities that you may find useful.
If you no longer wish us to do this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you have any concerns over receiving unsolicited post you can join the Mailing Preference Service and your name should be removed from the lists held by responsible direct mail companies. An application form can be filled out on-line at http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/.
In Order to improve our service we may use a device known as a 'cookie'. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited edwardschina.co.uk before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve edwardschina.co.uk and the products and services available to you.
Customer Service Contact
You may resolve any issues that concern your interaction with edwardschina.co.uk by:
- Email to email@example.com ; or
- Post at :-
- Edwards’ China,
8, Dewsbury Road,
ST4 2TE. or
- Telephone on +44 (0) 1782 260345